Mc Cormack Park Rodeo Grounds are ope~aturday morning Labour Day Weekend. As a quiet camping ground for travelers and holiday makers (no permanent residents). The camping grounds offer:
- Quiet, friendly atmosphere with room to move
- Wild kangaroos wombats grazing around the area
- Toilet only
- Mobile phone reception
- Rubbish bins
- Pets are permitted
- Caretaker Merrijig Rodeo Committee
Camping – Rodeo Weekend
The purchase of a night pass permits the holder to camp for the night subject to conditions and fees. There are no POWERED sites available on this weekend, but generators are allowed between the hours of 8am & 10pm. Please note that the grounds have a lot of people in close proximity and · tolerance is appreciated.
NO FIRES ARE ALLOWED
- INDIVIDUAL NIGHT TICKETS ARE PURCHASED AT THE GATE – NO PRE PURCHASE AVAILABLE.
- PASSES CAN BE PRE PURCHASED THROUGH SELECT SHOPS IN MANSFIELD 2 WEEKS PRIOR TO THE RODEO. see tickets tab for locations.?
There are also hotels, motels and caravan parks in Merrijig/Mansfield and surrounding areas. For information on local accommodation please visit the Mansfield Information Website.
Being less than an hour from Merrijig the High Country has on offer Mansfield, Tolmie, Howqua and Jamieson, visitors could also arrange for accommodation in these areas and drive to the Rodeo Grounds on the day. Mansfield Tourism website provides more information on accommodation options in these areas.
There is also a bus running from Mansfield to Merrijig Rodeo and return for a fee. Please check website for time and pricing
Camping Rules & Conditions
Mc Cormack Park is private property. The following Rules and Conditions apply to allow everyone to have an enjoyable weekend. Please be considerate of other campers.
- Merrijig Rodeo committee reserves the right to:
• refuse entry, or terminate occupancy, at any time to any person without any redress or reason
• evict any person or persons and remove their properly from the park designate the site to be occupied
• require an occupant at any time to move to another site at the Merrijig Rodeo Committee discretion.
- Management accepts no responsibility whatsoever for caravans, camps, motorhomes or vehicles and their contents whilst they remain at McCormack Park.
- Your overnight stay terminates at 1 Oam the following day.
- Camping Fees are pa(able on the day only.
- No undue noise after\ #pm. All occupants have the right to enjoy the peace & quiet & have a good nights’ sleep.
- No visitors after 11 pm. Occupants are responsible for their guests’ behaviour and actions.
- Campers must keep their site clean and tidy. Rubbish must be suitably wrapped and deposited in the bins provided.
- Illegal drugs, offensive language and excessive use of alcohol will not be tolerated.
- No open fires or noisy equipment is permitted in the camping area. Generators may be used only during certain times during the rodeo weekend.
- Dogs are permitted in the camping area only, however they must be-bn a chain or lead and under the strict control of the owner at all times. All droppings are to be collected and disposed of by owners. During the Rodeo the committee ask that you leave dogs at your camp. No dogs are permitted in the spectators area under any circumstances
- The wild kangaroo and wombats that graze at McCormack Park are a night time tourist attraction and therefore must not be disturbed in any way.
- No maintenance or repairs are to be executed without the prior approval of management.
- Rubbish bins are provided.
- Parents are responsible for their children’s conduct and behaviour. Any unruly behaviour or conduct will not be tolerated and any damages will be the responsibility of the parents. Children are not allowed to roam through the park unsupervised. Children under 8 years must be accompanied by an adult when using the amenities.
- Approved helmets must be worn when riding pushbikes in the park.
- Speed limit is 10 kilometres per hour.
- Any complaints or comments must be referred to the Merrijig Rodeo Secretary (not Volunteers).